Thalheimer Insurance created in year 2000 - Linda Thalheimer, CEO
· Licensed Insurance Agent in Life and Health
· Licensed Insurance Adviser (LIA) in Massachusetts
· Certified Long Term Care Insurance Specialist (CLTC)
· Occupational Therapist (OTR/L)
· Master Degree in Health Administration (MHA)
· National speaker for Harvard’s Division on Aging
· Published chapter in Harvard’s Aging in Good Health Textbook
· Hundreds of hours of related financial training
· Published and public speaker on long term care and insurance planning.
Prior to getting licensed in insurance, Linda worked in healthcare for over 16 years. In 2000, Linda no longer felt that she could provide both ethical and profitable care in the nursing home setting. Nursing homes had become places for the very poor and the very sick. It was at this time she learned about long term care insurance, resigned from her role as rehabilitation manager, and made a natural transition to helping people plan to afford private pay settings for long term care.
During what Linda calls "a mini financial review", to identify how long term care fits in the comprehensive financial plan, she sometimes found other previously purchased insurance products that were not accurately understood or mismatched to present needs. Linda expanded her insurance practice to meet the primary goal of taking care and protecting others. Because Linda reads contracts, it wasn’t long before she was considered an expert in life, disability and annuity insurances in addition to long term care. Linda firmly believes that health and financials are closely linked and is committed to helping people plan for optimal independence and choices while conserving their financial resources.
Based on the health, age, marital status, and goals of clients, Linda provides the most competitive available options for discussion and review. She can competently communicate with insurance companies both in medical underwriting and in claims. She is well published and a public speaker on issues of aging, long term care and insurance planning.